When it comes to losing the extra pounds for good, running is the perfect training option. In reality running is the best cardiovascular exercise. It sheds more pounds than any other training program. Not only that, it is going to boost your fitness level, make you look younger and sexier, reduce the probability of cardiovascular trouble, enhance your productivity and overall wellbeing.
The list goes on. But if you try to do too much too soon then there is a stronger Chance to become injured, thus lose the excitement for the training and return to your old habits. A great deal of fitness fans does lose the weight by running, but they gain it all back because of injuries or bodily or psychological burnouts. Consequently, here are just two training tips to help you Drop the maximum Weight without running the risk of overtraining or injury.
When you run to lose weight, you need to start small and build gradually. This is particularly true when you are really out-of-shape or have not done much exercise in the past decades and check that for https://observer.com/2021/06/one-and-done-workout-reviews-a-legit-way-to-lose-weight/ for more details. One of the major mistakes many novices make is trying to run too much too soon. The only results they get are intense pain, injuries and occasionally overtraining.
- Start by walking: Proceed for 3-4 long walks and see where your fitness level is at. This may take you a week or more, based upon your current fitness level.
- Increase gradually: Insert one full minute period runs to the walks by following a walk-run-walk pattern. The duration of each set depends upon your exercise skill. Do not do too much.
- Lengthen the Running: Keep increasing the time spent running while easing up on the walking till you are ready to comfortably run for 30 minutes without a lot of huffing and puffing.
After building your endurance level, aim to make your training more intense and demanding. The best way to start that would be to incorporate interval running in your training. Also called High Intensity Interval Training, this sort of exercise is excellent for burning colossal quantities of calories without burning of your precious time.
Here is a beginner interval running program:
- Begin the workout with an adequate warm-up. Jog slowly for 5 minutes and stretch gently.
- Start with a 1 minute running interval at 80 percent of your maximum heart rate, then slow it down and run for a single minute for recovery.
- Move for another 1 minute interval run, but at 85-90% of your max, take one minute slow jog.
- Repeat the cycle 7-8 times.
Here you have it. Be sure to put into practice everything you have just learned and always make sure you remain within your exercise level. Doing too much too soon will not help you slim down, it will just leave you exhausted, frustrated or even hurt.